Friday, August 18, 2006

Enough about me! How've ya been?

Hello all! Sorry I've been gone for a while. My bad. It's just that time flies during the summer. Baseball has been an up and down thing with me.

I have to also admit, I'm obsessed with the whole myspace thing. I didn't want to use the word obsessed but the thesaurus tells me other words I could've used were gripped, preoccupied, consumed, fixated, and possessed, and well...pretty much all of that applies to me. I would like to act like a good portion of the population who runs a myspace page and says "whatever, I'm doing this because my friends told me to" or "I still don't know why I signed up for this" but they're lying. It's fun being nosey. I like critisizing everyone else's pictures, pages and surveys. I like knowing every little thing about people. Maybe it's my innate arab mentality or maybe it's just human nature. Either way, I love it.

Not much has happened with me since the beginning of August. I haven't even gotten that haircut placed in my mental to-do list for months now.

I've gone to a protest condemning Israel's disproportianate use of force against the Palestinians and Lebanese in the last 2 months. Although, they always use disproportionate force against Palestinians, so who are we kidding? It was nice seeing other people being proactive. (Does that make anyone else think of acne medication?)

I went to the baseball game that broke the Cards 8 game losing streak. Your Welcome. And no, not the first one, the second 8 game losing streak. Cardinal fans have been so spoiled for the last few years, I never thought I'd have to talk about losing streaks ever again (besides the play-offs, silly). But there the 8 game losing streaks are, dancing in front of me like the devilish facts they've become. As a baseball fan, I know that news doesn't bode well for our hopes of winning it all this year. As a Cardinals fan, I fantasize that this is all part of His plan to make us really appreciate the pending World Series win. I also like to theorize that we're getting the losing aura out of the way now before the post season, as opposed to recent trends. Of course, it's fantasy but as a sports fan, we all thrive on fantasies. We even have leagues where we can all fantasize together. So there you go. We are a sick, sick group of people.

Well, the Cardinals won today's game against Cincinatti in dramatic fashion. The good news is we're 2 and 1/2 games in front of them now. The bad news is we're headed to Chi-town for a 3 game series. If any of this year's previous games in Chicago should indicate how the Cardinals should perform, then I predict we should win...oh...say..according to my calculations...about zero games. I guess I'll pray. Or I'll fantasize He planned on us losing all the previous games played in Chicago so we could sweep in dramatic fashion towards the end of the year. Whatever.

Off topic, I can hear Titanic playing on our television in the backround. I need to ask, why didn't Jack use any other floating debris from the ship to save himself. Or why didn't he and Rose take turns. I know it's cause he "loved her" but I just thought love went both ways. If she loves him, she'll share. Good movie, though.

oooh, it's the part where the life-boats won't go back to save the people in the water. I love the accents and how the guy says in cockney English "shut yo' trap"... or something like that.

Ok, so I know everyone's been watching the news or reading about it online. I'm confused because the press berated the Ramseys (of Jon-Benet Ramsey) for apparently "exploiting" their daughter while she was alive ( because of the whole child beauty queen thing) but it seems that the press has been exploiting the girl's death for ten years now. Let's think about this. Jon Benet was here for 6 years and 10 years later her picture's still on the cover of magazines and all over the news. It's just insane.

Apart from that, the news generally pisses me off, in case you couldn't tell already. It's all about sensationalism and which host of a program gets the most shock and awe out of people. CNN has Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck. CNN! F.Y.I,it is not the most trusted name in news anymore.Yuck.

By the way, here's something to look forward to. Albert Pujols will be a guest on David Letterman's Friday August, 25th. I'm so psyched about seeing Albert charm the pants off of Dave. Oh and the cardinals are playing the N.Y. Mets that week. (fingers crossed very, very, very, very tightly. Very tightly)

Take care peeps. Be good. Don't drink and drive. Don't do drugs. Be nice to people. Commit acts of kindness (don't commit crimes). And smile. ~Badia

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger