Sunday, February 25, 2007

"In field in. In field out. In field Normal."

  • It's nice to know Tony LaRussa and Scott Rolen have given each other a symbolic pat on the ass after all the hoopla surrounding LaRussa benching Rolen during the post-season. The way I see it, Tony did what he needed to do during a pivotal point in the team's season. He put his team first and benched a slumping player, even if the slumping player is a star. It worked out for Rolen. He didn't go hitless for the remainder of the games he played.

  • Speaking of the post season, I was wondering what the Mets players had to say about Beltran freezing like a popsicle in Antarctica by that last pitch Wainwright threw in game 7 of the NLCS. Now I know. It made me grin to myself. Wickedly.

  • I can't wait to see Jennifer Hudson win her Oscar.

  • There needs to be someone who invents jeans that do not get a hole near the crotch (aka the "crotchage area"). Do you know how many pairs of jeans those holes have cost me?

  • What would they call those jeans?

  • Kevin Slaten is the spawn of Satin. (And it is not a coincidence that rhymes)

  • Forget managerial genius, LaRussa has become a comedic genius. Try to see if you can spot the one liner LaRussa quipped in response to a thumped Eckstein.

That's all!

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger