Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm Feelin' Hella Good

I went to see No Doubt play at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and expected to see a good show, but I did not get that. It was a GREAT show. The set was amazing and they performed masterfully(Like they've been doing this for over 15 years or something!). I have to say, Gwen's Stephani's abs are other-worldy. My sister asked how a mother of two could have abs like that. There is no answer. She looked exactly like you'd imagine-funky hair, killer body and styish outfits. At one point she pulled a little girl from the audience on stage who had the exact same mini-dress as Gwen. It was fabulous. I've never danced and jumped so much at a concert. I think the theme of the show was definately fun. Fun and stylish, like No Doubt. I highly recommend going to a No Doubt concert.

I'm going to Wrigleyville for a make-up game this weekend. The sis and I traveled to Chi-town in April, but the game was rained out! The memorable part of our rain-out was returning to our hotel, where we sat in the hotel's Bar and Grill and watched a Blues playoff hockey game. Then in walked Joe Morgan, former Red's second baseman, Hall of Famer and now play-by-play guy for Sunday night baseball! He was supposed to call our Sunday night Cards-Cubs game, if not for that darn rain. He was in there for a few hours talking baseball to the people around him. It was strange,beginning with one or two guys sitting next to him and 2-3 hours later there were at least a dozen Chicagoans standing by him, like leeches.

Anyways, the series against the Cubs this weekend is a big one. Hopefully we can come away with a split, at least. It'll be my first game at Wrigley Field! I'm excited, anxious, and all that good stuff. I wish we didn't have to drive up to Chicago (I'm not exactly in the mood after doing it two weekends in a row in April-long story) but it'll be fun. Especially if we win. It looks like Sunday we'll either have Wainwright or Lohse on the mound. Either way, good news for us. I just hope we beat the Cubs the game we're going to, so I can mock them as I leave. That's right, it's so I can be a sore winner. I so look forward to that. (Fingers crossed)

The problem is it's also All-Star Weekend! And I don't want to miss any single part of the festivities. I've been waiting for this week for so long. It's just like the Cubs to cause me any annoyance.

Oh, how I wish I could attend the All Star Game! All in all, I'm just excited about the general atmosphere that downtown STL will have. All these sponsors and celebrities and events are going to descend onto our city. I was downtown during the 4th of July weekend to see the new City Garden, two blocks of sculptures and gardens. It was beautiful. There were fountains of water gushing from the ground and kids were soaking wet playing in it. A nightmare for the parents looking with helpnessness but a delight for the onlookers:) It'll be bustling just as much when everyone comes into town. I can't wait to show off baseball heaven.

This is going to be an exciting next week. I expect lots of things will inspire blogs, especially the NL win I predict!

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger