Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Looking for work IS work.

It's the end of October. Halloween doesn't scare me. No, no....it's the jobless thing that scares me. Geez, not working sucks. I mean, it is no fun waking up early. Anybody who knows me knows I do not like waking up early. But I hate not having something to do. I'm trying to be positive. At least now I'm getting some responses. I had an interview for a job I'm dying to have. We'll see what happens.

You know how they say, "when it rains it pours"? That's what it feels like when you're not working. It feels like, "man, I'm single, I'm not working, the Rams suck AND the Cardinals got swept outta the playoffs? What the hell?!" As if the Cardinals would help me find a job. But at least it feels good when they win.

And the Rams? Don't get me started. I want to help you understand what it is like being a Rams fan and watching their games. I want you to visualize a person in a wheelchair. There's another guy wheeling this person around a swimming pool. You recognize the guy in the wheel chair. You're thinking, "hey, didn't that guy used to be an olympic gold medalist in the 100 yard dash? What happened?" The guy pushing wheel chair guy around seems pretty stupid, cause he's in panic mode and starts running around the pool like a maniac. You're thinking, "wow, this doesn't seem right." But you don't have control. This guy's obviously the one taking care of wheel chair guy. Suddenly, the idiot pushes wheel chair guy into the pool. Now watch wheel chair guy try to get out. It's probably not working. Plus, the idiot who pushed him is screaming, "Help! I will die if Chlorine touches my skin!" There you have it. You have just watched the Rams this season.

Finding work is like that too. I feel like I'm not in control and someone's about to push me in the water. Or maybe I'm the idiot in this metaphor and the wheel chair guy is my life. Who knows?

I mean, Mark McGwire has a job in baseball. Mark McGwire is going to be the St. Louis Cardinals hitting coach and I can not find a job.

Maybe I should become friends with Tony La Russa. He'll find me work no matter what.

Or maybe I should shoot up with some steroids.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger