Saturday, June 16, 2007

99 years without a World Series Leads to this Type of Aggression

I have a theory. And here it is: Once you hit the 99 year mark without a World Series appearance, you want to fight. You want to fight everybody. This is what we see happening with these fighting banshees we refer to as "the Cubs". They either have some pent up anger or they translate "Let's Play Ball" into "Go kill the bastard!

I have another theory: Leave them alone in a room together for 24 hours and they'll kill eachother off. God knows what they'll do once they hit 100 years.

Ok, I'll be honest. I like Derrek Lee. I like him so much it makes me sad to see him in a Cubs uniform, for his sake. I also liked watching the fight. There were actual swings at each other. These huge men (Chris young and Derrek Lee combined are the height of the Sears Tower) would've destroyed one another...too bad there was no contact.

Which reminds me of another game with the Cubs. Remember that game when Michael Barrett (where have we heard that name before) punched AJ Pierzynski. What the hell is the Cubs problem? Oh yeah, that's right. 99 years. *Grin

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger