Thursday, June 07, 2007

Looking back-and forward-to memories

The other night I went searching for video of the Albert Pujols game winning home-run from the 2005 NLCS (game 5). Turns out it makes me laugh. I kept replaying it over and over to get the crowd's reaction, like the people behind home plate. Three things I noticed:

  1. There's a little boy who looks like he might be too young to really comprehend the enormity of this moment, with the Astros on the verge of making it to the World Series...that is, until Pujols hits his moonshot and the boy throws his hands on his head, as the play-by-play man describes, in stunned disbelief. That boy suddenly looks a lot older, as if the play aged him. hehe
  2. The crowd literally sounds like they are, and I am not exaggerating here, witnessing a tragic murder of some sort. There are blood curling screams evoked from this crowd of mostly "stunned in disbelief" silence. haha. I love saying "stunned in disbelief"...I will never forget that phrase.
  3. I realized #5 hit his miracle HR in game 5 of the '05 NLCS. Just a coincidence I picked up cause I'm cool like that.

Speaking of Pujols, check out this interesting list of overlooked draft picks whose career career numbers we marvel at today.

On to other news: I am going to Chi-town this weekend for a reunion with friends and plan on wearing my Cardinals gear at some point. (There isn't really a uniform or anything, just a shirt) But I can't wait to see the anger and frustration on their faces. If they get pissy with me I'll probably say, "hey Zambrano, calm down, go fight amongst yourselves,I'm too busy revelling in our WS victory" (that's funny if you watch SportsCenter). I've been waiting to wear my Cards stuff in Chicago since we won the WS. My moment has arrived.I'll let you know how it goes.

In two weeks, me and Nan are going to New York City (inshaAllah). I can't wait to do all the touristy stuff and eat all the food and visit all the sites. My boss's kids used to live there and she was giving me tips for my trip based on her numerous visits there and asked me what we planned on doing. At some point she asked if I'd go see Letterman or Conan O'Brian and I told her we'd definately want to see O'Brian (cause he is King of late night in my home, unless you ask my dad, who still can't look beyond the red hair which annoys him, and appreciate the "be cool my babies" humor. I'm convinced my dad knows he's funny but lets the red hair dictate his negative feelings for him anyway) Anyways, my boss revealed to me that her daughter is BFF with Conie's wife. She said she could try to get me tickets and I thought I finally had found the ultimate hook-up in my life thus far. But of course, as fate would have it, Conan will probably not be taping that week and they'll just air re-runs. Grrrr. But that won't ruin my trip because.....

We're also going to a Cards-Mets game! YAAAAAY! A baseball game in NYC??? I've wanted to watch a Cardinals game outside of the STL but going to the Cards first visit at Shea since their NLCS win is just icing on top of the cake. Oh joy of all joys. I'm hoping we avoid an embarassing loss and I'm hoping to avoid getting my ass kicked. If we avoid those two things, I'd say it was a success.

I can't wait to bring back all the cool New York pictures. I've always wanted to visit the big apple and finally going almost seems like a dream. Telling you about it is on my to-do list, so come back to hear all the stories I'll have for you. (And that's an order). Peace out and "be cool my babies"

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger