Sunday, September 30, 2007

Three things I know...

  1. Hey Mets fans, this collapse wasn't pretty. They never are. If anything, I almost-kind of-feel sorry for you because I know what it's like to go through something that's close to a collapse. I mean, it's bad enough that you lost, but you've got to hear about this as being a "monumental" sort of collapse from the national media, and to make matters worse, from PHILLIES fans too... of all fans? (shutter) I know, it's hard. But this wasn't your year. Neither was last year, when my Red Birds nearly choked as well but slipped through to eventually kick your butts and revel in our glory with the near collapse a distant memory :) I guess that wasn't comforting. Never mind.

  2. Does anyone else notice that the "Central Division Champs", the Cubbies, have only 2 more wins than the Cards did last year at the close of the regular season? The same team that had to hear they "backed" into the play-offs from every news outlet? The Cubbies, who even played one more game than the NL Central Division champs of last year, have 85 wins. Again...we need to hear this, only TWO MORE wins than the Cards had last year. I am offended at the indifference.

  3. I went to a movie theater yesterday to watch Superbad (One of my friends will be crowned with the nickname McLovin' before all is said and done ) and during the time alotted for previews, we were subjected to some weird acapella theater show of dudes who had looks on their faces like they were being poked in their happy places. It was so horrendous and corny, I thought we were being punk'd. They played 10 minutes of that mess for a crowd of people who paid to see "Superbad"? I don't understand. But more importantly, I actually said the words: "I know it's Ramadan, but I swear I want to shoot myself right now."

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger