Saturday, September 22, 2007

TOP TEN...reasons it's okay the Cardinals have been eliminated

10.)I can now give my full attention to The Office

9.)I can look forward to the Cubs losing in some embarassing fashion

8.) I won't have to regrow my finger nails after chewing them off during a Cardinals play-off game

7.) The Blues will make up for time usually devoted to watching a nightly game

6.)I can jump on the Heroes bandwagon

5.) I can write a lame "Top Ten..." list explaining why it's ok the Cards aren't in it this year

4.) I will re-learn what life is like without watching the Red Birds contend in October

3.) Ownership can't pretend like everything is okay and will face backlash if nothing is done or more Adam Kennedys are brought in.

2.) I don't have to worry about my team getting swept in any post season series

and the #1 reason it's okay the Cardinals have been eliminated...

1.) who are we kidding? I'm going to be so bored over the next month! I can't go to pep rallies? I can't purchase post season tickets!? I can't have any more kosher hot dogs or nachos!? What will I do? Who am I? What's happening!?

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger