Monday, December 03, 2007

Chocolate Cupcakes Can't Fill This Void

I need Cardinals baseball.

December 8th. That's the day the Pujols plans and fancy seat tickets begin to go on sale. Count me among the throng of faithful fools who will be attempting to break through impossibly busy phone lines and internet traffic, hoping to snag a fancy ticket to Opening Day. I want to go to Opening Day. I need to go to Opening Day. I've never been to Opening Day. Last year, I went downtown before the game, just to be around people going to Opening Day. There, I've said it. If I find out any one of you are going to Opening Day and don't have an extra ticket for me, I will steal your kidneys. And maybe your uterus-just for good measure. Let's see how good you feel going to Opening Day without your kidneys! Or Uterus. I don't care if you're a man! I will TAKE YOUR UTERUS!!!

Ok, now that's out of my system, I'll let you know how that goes...

Mizzou lost, I accepted that. It wasn't exactly a close game all the way through. Plus, I was playing card games and smoking hookah aka argeela aka sheesha at a friend's, so I wasn't as 100% focused as I was the week before. Which resulted in a not-so-shitty night on what could've been an uber shitty night. I've come to wake up today and find out not only is Mizzou not playing in a Bowl game...teams like Kansas, who Mizzou beat the week before, are. See? This is why I don't let my heart get completely invested in college sports. That's Bowlshit. Ha! You see how I made a play on words? Instead of bull...well...nevermind...

The Rams won today, but I was blacked out-couldn't watch. No, I didn't have that great a night. Fox blacked out the game to the STL because apparently all the rich bastards who could afford to buy tickets every week before are suddenly MIA. This is a new thing I've come to get used to this season. I hope for road games so I can actually enjoy watching a Rams football game. Even if they lose like they did to Seattle last week. Well, maybe not so much. But they beat the Falcons today in a battle of the sucky teams. Maybe the Rams org. should've dubbed this game, "The battle for least suckiest between the most suckiest in the land" and more people would've shown up. Not anyone from Miami, but you never know. Ok, that joke sucked. But I promise my jokes will get better once a St. Louis sports team starts winning. Ok?

NEWS FLASH:The Cards signed SS Cesar Izturas. That means bye-bye Eckstein. The era of the little man is over. No more super hustle to first. No more "pesky man" discussions every single goddamn time he was on ESPN or FOX or in the Post Season or on SportsCenter or Baseball Tonight or what ever. Oh well. Bye. Didn't wanna commit to 4 years with ya. Everything's just so messed up. I wish Renteria was still with us. Yeah, I'm that bitter old person who reminisces about sitting by the radio listening to good quality family shows with the folks while claiming I walked in the snow for 4 hours to get to school and loved every second of it. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Oh, and Winter meetings are up soon. The Cards need pitching. What's new?

Chocolate Cupcakes also can't fill the void that has popped up since new episodes of The Office haven't aired on Thursday nights. What's the point of television now? The only thing that would cheer me up right now is a Patriots loss...especially in the post-season. Badia salivates and blacks out-Fox style.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, the fact that Hawaii AND Kansas both play in a BCS bowl this year makes me really hate computers... Strength of schedule must mean nothing as both of these teams were the largest frauds in the rankings this year. =/

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger