Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mizzou-RAH: Chase Daniel Don't Chase NObody!

Well, I guess until that game against Oklahoma next week, and then hopefully the National Championship! Mizzou-RAH!

I watched the game with my other partna in crime, Khomyster. You know, the one who can't read "indicted". Haha. Makes me smile every time. We understand there's a possibility the public will not understand our game-time mannerisms, so sometimes we look for places to watch games without a crowd. It's become an unintentional habit....and it's probably for the best. Case in point, during the game, after Mizzou scored the first touchdown, we actually got up and made up an impromptu football dance and chant. It goes like this...

One of us says, "Who loves football?" and the other answers, "I love football!" and then we switch roles and the other asks "Who loves football?" and is responded with, you guessed it, "I love football!" and then we keep chanting, "we love football! We love football!" as we frolic in a circle, bouncing to the imaginary beat of the song in our heads.

I say this with the full awareness that this is the most immasculate and non-football move we could make as we watch football. But, we're women. What do we know? (kho and Badia joke. Take it in stride) Now, if I could only force myself to go into the kitchen and make myself a sandwich...

It was fun to listen to the local radio people talking about the game. They sounded so excited and kept repeating, "Would anyone have thought in August that Mizzou would be playing Kansas for the #1 spot in the country and possibly playing the week after for the National Championship?" and that got me pumped. And then I got even more pumped as ABC switched from "Southern Living" (in response to your "huh?". I'm shaking my head and saying, "I dunno. Just let it be") to the pre-game stuff. Then we watched the game with pizza and the pure energy of 20-something women who sing "we love football! we love football!"

By the way, even though I'm not attached to Mizzou like I am to any pro STL team, I'm sick of seeing highlights or hearing about Mizzou's choke jobs. I was hoping during those tense final two minutes I wouldn't see another in the making. College sports is crazy like that. They can flip on you in the span of whatever like a crazy backstabbing lover! It's just crazy. I was going insane with all the penalty calls Mizzou was getting. I mean, yes, some were warranted, but Mizzou wasn't getting the same pass interference calls to go their way! And then those damn lousy holding and false start penalties! They drove me insane. All they did was remind me of how much I hate Alex Barron (STL Rams). Google "Alex Barron and False Starts" and I'm sure there'll be a whole site devoted to his knack for falsely starting. I bet you there's a book called, "Alex Barron and the Art of Falsely Starting; By Alex Barron. Illustrations also by Alex Barron".

Anyways, thank goodness the game pretty much ended in a safety after KU's QB got sacked! Face to the ground, baby! I loved the image of Todd Reesing trying to pick the mud/grass out of his helmet. It was so demeaning. Just like this loss.

Ah sports, always poetic. Always. Who loves football? I love football! We love football!

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger