Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spring Blossoms Over Bouquets

I saw this tall, burly man with army pants walking around with flowers in his hand and nearly lost it. I actually looked at the ground so he wouldn't see me laughing. I wasn't laughing because he was buying flowers for the little lady, but because he probably feared what would happen if he didn't buy flowers for the little lady. And that's what it boils down to. If a man bought his significant other flowers today and didn't tomorrow, on Valentine's Day, she would probably still be disappointed. Not because she didn't think he loved her, but because she expected him to conform to society's rules and send them Febuary 14. But, hey, if that's what romance is to you...

Side note, I heard a sad, sad statistic yesterday that 15% of single women send themselves flowers on V-Day so they don't feel left out. That's all you need to know to get a sense of what Valentine's Day represents (and that's all you need to know about those women. sheesh).

What gets me more excited than anything else is the prospect of Spring almost within our reach. I am almost certain that warm weather would make me feel 10 million times happier than any bouquet of flowers could. That's right, all I ask for is the Spring! Bring me sunshine and I'm yours forever. I can't even fathom warm weather at this point but I'm going to soldier through this Uranus-like weather. Yes, I will soldier through like a starving pup being chased by a pack of wild hyenas in a bottomless pit of crap. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger