Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hanging Out at a Hell Hole!

According to some article that I skimmed through, working at a coffee shop (or in the restaurant industry in general) is one of the worst jobs to have in America because the pay is low and the average employee receives no benefits. Sounds about right (says the girl who makes shawirma sandwiches in bitterness.)

So, in honor of all the poor souls who deal with this bullshit, I'm at Starbucks right now analyzing the environment around me, maybe just to show my solidarity with the ones behind the counter. I'm sure buying a coffee and sitting at my laptop typing away as I listen to last year's American Idol winner Jordin Sparks' album isn't really doing anything. Yeah, that's true. But I needed a change of scenary.

Nothing interesting has happened so far. Maybe they're just so bored too. That has to kill you, asking what kind of coffee somebody wants every five minutes and then having to make it. Sort of like having to make a sandwich every five minutes. Hmmm.

I like this Jordin Sparks album already. I'm only two songs deep but the first was this catchy song they've started playing on the radio called "tattoo". And the second was a duet with Chris Brown. I wouldn't necessarily buy the album, but I wouldn't change the station if her songs were on.

I've also decided I like the colors starbucks is decorated in. Maybe my house will be painted like Starbucks some day. It could happen.

Oh, I have a bit of baseball news! Ok, so I read some rumor/report/whatever online about the Mets talking to David Eckstein about possibly playing for them at second base. Interesting. I don't know how I feel about Eckstein right now. I think he's a good catalyst for making things happen when he plays well, but couldn't that be said for anybody. He's not a quitter, that's always a plus. He's not Adam Kennedy. That's always good. I'm not sure how much he has in him and how much money he wants to make. I'm sure if someone good frees up, I'd prefer them anyway. I have nothing against the little guy, we might just need a youngin' who stays healthy.

Oh, I also found out the Cardinals are trying to hire a new bat boy! Remember, because Josh-the regular bat boy- has finally relinquished this honored position. The requirements are having to be a good student in school, available for all the games and travelling, and being at least 16 years old. It never said you actually have to be a "boy". Which got me wondering-what if I applied for the position. I went through the motions in my head. I imagined being in the locker room or handing them their bats or getting new gloves for them. It's not really a glamorous position. I'm sure it would weird them out having a 23 year old woman running back and forth fetching their items. Or maybe those freaks would like it, I dunno. I've decided the Cardinals did not insist the job is for a "boy" under the requirements cause I could sue them. But they're not fooling me, a girl would never be hired. Also, that's not a job I've been pining after. Oh well. It was fun imagining making fun of the guys behind their backs anyway. I could've had the best blogs ev-er.

Wow. Nothing is happening here. This is like some calm ass hell hole.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger