Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Rift in the Family (and something about some guy in NY)

Uh oh, Scotty and Big Daddy Tony can't get over the fight that left Scotty's ego with a booboo as a consequence of the '06 NLCS in which LaRussa sat out Rolen. Wow. Get...over...it. It worked out for the best at the time. Scott Speizio, a fill in for Rolen, hit the game tying R.B.I.s in that series shifting second game and when Rolen came back to play, he played better than he had all year. I wish Scotty would look in the mirror and repeat the following, "I play for a city that loves me and adores baseball, I now have a WS ring and I'm making 36 million dollars over the next three years". There...that should do the trick. Now go work on fixing your bum shoulder, goddamnit, and play baseball. And if you can't handle that, we don't want you. Cause that's how we roll, biatch. (That-and we still have Pujols)

Oh, and of course, the biggest news of the day is Alex Rodriguez resigning with the Yankees for 10 years and $275 million buckaroos. Well, I would've rather overpaid for some solid pitching, but that's just me. I guess we'll get to see a never ending re-run of "A-Rod in Gotham" over the next decade. Gee whiz. How grand.

WILL HIS WIFE SEND US TRASH TALKIN' MESSAGES ON HER T-SHIRTS AGAIN? WILL HE GET MORE PICTURES TAKEN OF HIM GALAVANTING WITH STRIPPERS!?!?! WILL HE EVER HIT IN THE PLAY-OFFS EVER AGAIN!? TUNE IN AT THE SAME BAT TIME...SAME BAT CHANNEL!

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger