Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thank you, Turkey Day

OOF, it's Thanksgiving and I'm stuffed. Stuffed like a Turkey on Thanksgiving, some might say...thank you, I'll be here all night!

We went through this whole ordeal of having to wait for everyone to come home before we could actually eat. I held off until about 7 pm. Then I couldn't wait any longer. I started to put side items on my plate and scarf down when the door bell rang. Our guests had finally arrived and I was just about to bite into the corn on the cob.

But it all went well. Of course there was arguing-over the pumpkin pie- and of course there were left overs. But arguing with your family and having leftovers are staples of the Thanksgiving holiday, are they not? Trying to persuade our mother to keep the only working television on the football games ("I'm tired, let me just see this" she argued, as a cheesey arabic soap opera took the place of the Cowboys manhandling the Jets.) was too taxing. Especially when you're hungry. There were too many battles. Like over what should or shouldn't be cooked all day. and whether or not our house needed the heat on (there are snow flurries outside...and mom's TOO HOT!?)

But I still feel good. It was Thanksgiving. My day. No, not my birthday, but better, a day solely revolved around eating. A day everyone can enjoy because we all get a little bit of something we like. That's my idea of celebration. If your birthday is winning an MVP award, Thanksgiving is the World Series. And the home team always wins on Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful the Rams have won two weeks in a row. And I'm thankful that the Cardinals 2007 season is over. That went all wrong. We needed to start fresh. I'm thankful the Blues, who still have a bit to work on with all their youngsters, are making every game exciting or at least make me believe we can win on any given night.

I loved sitting with my family in the kitchen and telling stories that made our stomaches ache from laughter-and from being too full. And did I mention leftovers? Well, excuse me while I go work on that some more, then lie down and think of other things to be thankful for. Like, not being a Cubs fan! There, got one in! GOODNIGHT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.
How Is the weather todays?
introduces readers to various types of weather that occur during each season.
The text discusses typical activities and clothing for each type of weather.
Supportive illustrations accompany the text. You can find out here...
Bye now

http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/weather-today.html

Anonymous said...

Hello. Super site weather today

http://www.medicalschoolforum.com/forums/members/weather-today.html

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger