Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Facebook Diet: Day 2

Call it a sophomore slump, the facebook hangover, or the first signs of facebook abandoner's remorse, but today was harder than yesterday. Once the glitz and glamour of resisting the urge to visit facebook wore off -and today was that was today-I felt lonely.

I know. It sounds sad. But the feeling was akin to sitting at a restaurant by yourself, as I would imagine it to be. You feel like someone's supposed to join you, or you're waiting for someone, and no one shows up. You're pretty sure that you can find someone to join you, but you've already decided to go it alone. You just keep forgetting that you've made that decision.

I couldn't figure out if I was stressing from the worry that I might accidentally visit facebook, or if I was stressing from the lack of communication. Yikes.

Mood: Stressed and lonely


Closest "falling off the wagon" moment: It happened again! Around 5 pm, my fingers typed in the letters f-a-c-e-b-o-o-k  on their own and I almost went there. I quickly stopped my ipod from loading. But it wasn't funny today.

Most difficult: I felt like I should be recieving more texts or calls. But it was pretty slow today. Talk about a wake up call.

What I learned: I rely too much on facebook for connection with my friends. Without the comfort of facebook, I felt disconnected from everyone. Did I miss an invite? Did I miss a long, legendary, status chain of comments? Are people planning something? Did anyone miss me? This is not a good feeling. Maybe I'll text-harass everyone tomorrow.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger