Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Facebook Diet: Day 6

Thanks to my younger brother, who works for an internet company I shall not name until he leaves it like he should, it's hard to know when our internet is available at home. That, along with the Eid holiday, prevented me from updating my blog.

 I found myself not only separated from facebook, I was also missing my beloved internet. I couldn't imagine partaking in some "internet diet". Just the thought gives me separation anxiety. Although, I could if I wanted to...no, no. I won't. Another diet so soon would give me hives or something.

So I find myself on my last day of my facebook diet. We'll see what everyone, if anyone, had to say about it when I get back on after midnight or tomorrow.

I'm not really sure how I feel. I'm excited about being reconnected with people I missed. But then I get verklempt at the thought of the return of the stressors in my life. What does this mean? Maybe I should re-evaluate who I follow from day to day. I already started to "clean house" before this facebook diet was even a seed of an idea. I "hid" people (facebook's words, not mine), that I felt needed to be hidden.

By the way, wouldn't it be great if you could actually "hide" people you didn't want to see in person? I would totally rock that option.

Ok, back to what I was talking about before...it was an epic FAIL. Good ol' facebook still let them creep back into my life by showing everything my friends, who I did not "hide", had to say to said-hid people.So what can I conclude? We'll get into it on my last facebook diet blog post. Gosh, I'm already worrying

Mood: Excited, anxious, stressed, proud.

Closest "falling off the wagon" moment: No internet? No problem.

Most difficult: Not connecting with a number of people on a major holiday is always a difficult thing. On the bright side, I called a few more people.

What I learned: Making the best of a situation can be a blessing in disguise. And God bless texting.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger