Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Facebook Diet: Day 3

Alright, yesterday was a bump in the road. We're fine today. In fact, the number of times I thought about facebook lessened. I'm pretty sure that's true. There's no way to prove that's correct. But at least I didn't feel as down as I did yesterday.

Here's what I noticed. I rely on facebook to let everyone in on my thoughts at different points of the day. Instead of thinking, "Gee, I should text/call SOMEONE about this...", I instantly think, "Oh man. I have to post that on my status.

Here are the random things I wanted to update my status with:

I'm at the mall. If I were a guy all alone watching the kids play in the play area, I'd be way creepy right now."

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Harry Potter marathon this weekend!

There are a bunch of sales at the mall today. Is that why it's claustrophobically busy? Or maybe I just haven't gone to the mall on the weekend for a while.

YES! Thanksgiving tips and meals on Food Network is back!

Google "Kelly Pickler" and "Ellen". You will laugh your arse off.

Officially a Miranda Lambert fan.

So yeah, there you go. Random thoughts I'd rather not text or call someone to say.

Mood: A bit relieved, unconcerned, sleepy

Closest "falling off the wagon" moment: There wasn't one. My mom kept asking me to get on facebook to see if my sister in law posted new pictures and I had to explain to her what my "facebook diet" was and why I wouldn't get on. That was as interesting as it got.

Most difficult: Nothing was extremely difficult. I just hope no one contacted me on facebook about hanging out.

What I learned: I have a lot of stupid, random thoughts that I'd like everyone to know. What do I do with those stupid, random thoughts now? Should I record them and lay them out in a barrage of updates when I go back to facebook? Or just let them die and fly to stupid, random thoughts heaven?

Goodnight. Go towards the light, my stupid, random thoughts.



No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger