Monday, November 15, 2010

The Facebook Diet: Day 5

Sooooo a bit of a dilemma an issue has arisen in the last 24 hours that I did not foresee occurring. The Eid is tomorrow. Well, according to parts of St. Louis and the rest of the MUSLIM WORLD it's tomorrow-not so much for the West County mosque (which likes to always, always, always be different). I did not realize that I would be away from facebook and so many friends who I should be wishing a blessed Eid. I have a lot of friends on my phone's contact list, but not everyone. Oh darn. I break my facebook diet Thursday at Midnight, but still...darn. How could I be so dense?

Mood: Disappointed, slightly worried, anxious.

Closest "falling off the wagon" moment: I didn't have internet connection until the very end of the day, so I didn't have to worry about it. Although- funny thing- once I did have connection, my fingers started to type f-a-c-e-b...you know the story by now.

Most difficult: More mail. More notifications THAT I CAN'T READ. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, PEOPLE? Also, as mentioned before,tomorrow is Eid. There are so many people who I might not be able to contact. Oopsies.

What I learned: I should plan things out more intelligently so that I don't disassociate myself from a major social networking site the week a major holiday falls on.

No comments:

Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on
for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is
immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered.
-J. Michael Straczynski

Powered By Blogger